ditto translation Spanish English-Spanish dictionary
Ditto translated from English to Spanish including synonyms, definitions, and related words.... Translation for 'to say ditto to sb' in the free English-Hungarian dictionary and many other Hungarian translations.
Translate ditto meaning in Tagalog with examples
10/08/2014 · The use of ditto in English pre-dates ditto machines by some 300 years and comes, as said, originally from the Italian detto meaning said or aforesaid. It was used in writing to avoid repeating the name of a book, or the name of a month - and by extension then to a …... Ditto's name is the English word ditto, meaning "that which has been said before" (itself from Italian, where it means "having been said"). It was also a brand name for spirit duplicators, and came to mean copies of master documents created by those duplicators.
Ditto definition of ditto by The Free Dictionary
ditto / ˈdɪtəʊ / n (pl-tos) the aforementioned; the above; the same. Used in accounts, lists, etc, to avoid repetition and symbolized by two small marks (ˌ) known as ditto marks , placed under the thing repeated how to make a wallpaper on mac Word History: Ditto originally comes from the Latin word dictus, "having been said," the past participle of the verb dīcere, "to say." In Italian dīcere became dire and dictus became detto, or in the Tuscan dialect ditto.
Translation of ditto in Dutch English-Dutch dictionary
In informal English, you can use ditto to represent a word or phrase that you have just used in order to avoid repeating it. In written lists, ditto can be represented by ditto marks - the symbol ' - underneath the word that you want to repeat. how to say fuck u in chinese ditto mark: a mark used to indicate the word above it should be repeated repeat an action or statement; "The next speaker dittoed her argument". The word "ditto" is commonly used as a way of saying "me too", or " I agree ".
How long can it take?
Ditto Definition of Ditto by Merriam-Webster
- ditto meaning in Hungarian » DictZone English-Hungarian
- How to say ditto in Spanish WordHippo
- Ditto Definition of Ditto by Merriam-Webster
- What does ditto mean in the Spanish language Answers.com
How To Say Ditto In Spanish
ditto, sovereignty, authority, control, sway Find more words! Another word for Opposite of Meaning of Rhymes with Sentences with Find word forms Translate from English Translate to English Words With Friends Scrabble Crossword / Codeword Words starting with Words ending with Words containing exactly Words containing letters Pronounce Find conjugations Find names
- Translations of ditto from English to Dutch and index of ditto in the bilingual analogic dictionary
- 9/12/2018 · The intent of the policy, she said, is "not to put everybody in a ditto environment," where all are expected to look and act exactly like all others. A symbol , represented by two apostrophes , inverted commas, or quotation marks (" "), when indicating that the item preceding is to be repeated .
- Ditto's name is the English word ditto, meaning "that which has been said before" (itself from Italian, where it means "having been said"). It was also a brand name for spirit duplicators, and came to mean copies of master documents created by those duplicators.
- Translation for 'to say ditto to sb' in the free English-Hungarian dictionary and many other Hungarian translations.